You’ve made the business decision to invest in a fleet bundle. How do you decide which is the best fit?
Choosing the right fleet bundle for your business is a critical decision both from a cost and efficiency standpoint. This article aims to help you make an informed decision when selecting fleet bundles.
An Overview of Fleet Bundles
Fleet bundles combine fleet services, technologies, and tools into a single package. In modern business operations, fleet bundles offer an integrated approach to fleet management. Having different elements work together minimizes redundancies, improves productivity, and saves costs. All the while, fleet managers gain a more holistic view of fleet performance. This view lends itself to informed decision-making that supports further improvements.
While fleet bundles can vary by vendor, there are some common elements. Telematics systems, maintenance services, insurance management, and vehicle leasing are a few examples.
Factors to Consider When Selecting Fleet Bundles
When selecting fleet bundles, here are some key variables to remember.
A smaller operator may have only 20 vehicles and cater to local operations. A larger enterprise may have hundreds of vehicles that operate across many regions. Larger enterprises may need more advanced telematics based on their scale and complexity.
Delivery fleet operators are familiar with accelerated vehicle wear and tear due to frequent stops/starts. This deterioration makes preventive maintenance a top priority. For transportation fleet operators, predictive maintenance is top of mind. That way, they can anticipate potential issues before they impact long-haul travel.
If a fleet operator has financial limitations, it can mean choosing standard versus advanced features. An operator might invest in preventive maintenance scheduling and forgo predictive maintenance. A similar rule of thumb applies to essential driver performance monitoring. You could focus on basic metrics versus advanced coaching features.
Some fleets include a mix of vehicle types. In those cases, a fleet bundle must accommodate varied operational requirements. Urban fleets, meanwhile, may prioritize efficient route planning. Rural fleets may focus on long-term fuel management services. As needs evolve, fleet bundles must be able to scale.
Fleet Management Bundle Guide
There are a lot of business package fleet options available. Here’s a step-by-step fleet management bundle guide to set you down the right path:
- Define needs and goals: Outline your fleet’s key challenges to determine where to invest most.
- Assess your fleet’s composition: Understand your vehicles’ needs and functionalities.
- Establish a budget: Consider the total cost of ownership and potential ROI to justify your investment.
- Research vendor reputation: Assess a potential provider’s track record as a business and consult industry peers for input.
- Assess service offerings: Check vendor services and how features align with your requirements.
- Evaluate technology integration: Ensure your bundle integrates with current operational systems.
- Review customer support services: Ask about the vendor's customer support to ensure resource access.
- Request a demo: Get hands-on experience with a solution to assess relevant features and their fit with your business.
Business Fleet Package Options
Selecting fleet bundles offers a choice between several different business fleet package options. Here are some of the available different types:
- Small businesses: Generally includes real-time vehicle tracking, basic maintenance scheduling, and route optimization tools
- Large enterprises: Typically features robust real-time vehicle tracking and data, predictive analytics, and predictive maintenance capabilities
- Specialized industries: Construction companies, for instance, may call for tools to optimize asset use and maintain safety compliance on sites
Fleet Bundles from Azuga
Not all fleet management solutions are the same. Azuga strives to provide customers with solutions that put their team and safety first. It’s why leading companies and 350,000+ drivers trust our solution.
We’re proud to offer three fleet bundle options to our customers. Whether you’re a small business or a large enterprise — no matter your needs — you’ll find the right option for your fleet.
For MWH & Slayden Constructors, that option was Azuga's fleet management software with the safe driver rewards program. The construction engineering firm introduced telematics to track their fleet. When they did, they found drivers were consistently driving above 100 MPH. Notifying drivers about the monitoring software supported better behavior. The company used the rewards program to identify its best and worst-performing drivers. The top five drivers earned gift cards. The bottom five drivers received extra training.
To learn more about how Azuga has been a game changer for MWH & Slayden Constructors, read the full case study.
Taking the Right Approach to Selecting Fleet Bundles
Investing in a fleet bundle is a big decision. As a fleet operator, that’s why it’s so important to assess your needs and research your options. The fleet management bundle guide shared here helps you make the best choice.
As you’re considering business fleet package options, consider Azuga. Our solution powers more than 6,000 commercial fleets. We know what it takes to improve safety and efficiency across your fleet. But don't take our word for it — see our reviews.