It’s National Clean Air Month, and if you aren’t already looking at ways for your fleet to become greener, now is a good time! Promoting sustainability for your fleet business isn’t only beneficial for the planet– it also helps your business improve its reputation. It can even save you money in the long run. Azuga knows the importance of emissions reduction and has partnered with GreenerMiles to create a program to help you offset your fleet’s emissions and reduce your environmental impact. Let’s review this program and discuss why you should consider it for your fleet business.
How Does Azuga’s Fleet Sustainability Program Work?
You may have heard of emissions offset solutions before. However, Azuga’s program is far more robust than other carbon footprint offset services. Why? Because it takes advantage of Azuga’s existing state-of-the-art telematics technology that tracks your fleet’s data as part of your fleet management system. You can now use this data to make your fleet more sustainable.
It works in three easy steps:
- First, Azuga and GreenerMiles work together to calculate your CO2 emissions. Then, we develop an offset strategy.
- Then, we’ll automatically invest in carbon offset projects on your company’s behalf. These offset projects include forestry, landfill gas capture, alternative energy, and more.
- You’ll receive certification for being a carbon-neutral company that you can share with your stakeholders.
We’ll charge a low monthly fee per vehicle per month that breaks down as follows:
- Passenger and LDV: $5 per vehicle per month
- Medium Duty Trucks (class 3-6): $7 per vehicle per month
- Heavy Duty Trucks (class 7 & 8): custom pricing
You’ll receive a portfolio that details precisely how your emissions are offset, so you can rest assured that the work is being done and that you are doing your part for the environment.
To learn more about this program, visit our website.
Why is Fleet Sustainability Important?
There are three considerations to evaluate when adopting sustainable practices for your fleet: cost, environmental, and social benefits.
- Cost Benefits: You may be surprised that an initial investment in sustainable infrastructure can ultimately save your fleet money. Many sustainable practices, such as eliminating fuel waste and reducing fuel inefficiencies, benefit your fleet’s productivity. Furthermore, if you were to adopt an electric fleet, you would save significant money on fuel in the long run.
- Environmental Benefits: Fleets have a substantial impact on our environment. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found that between 1990 and 2020, the transportation sector contributed the most to greenhouse gas emissions at 27% of overall emissions. Therefore, reducing emissions would have an immense effect on the environment.
- Social Benefits: Your business has a place in your community. That means a reputation to uphold and a duty to contribute positively to your environment. Reducing your pollution and obtaining a certificate proving your efforts can go a long way in gaining your community’s respect and earning more business.
Learn More About Sustainability with Azuga
Azuga’s fleet emissions offset program is one of many ways we can help you become a greener fleet. With our fleet management software, you can make your fleet more efficient. Save fuel, maintain your vehicles, and lessen your impact that way. Speak with one of our experts today to learn how we can help you achieve your goals to become greener.
The Rise of Sustainability in the Fleet Industry – [Insert Publication Date when Published]
Discover ways to boost your fleet's sustainability. Implement alternative fuel vehicles, leverage telematics to track and optimize driver behavior, upgrade to newer and more efficient vehicles, prioritize regular maintenance, and offset your emissions with Azuga's carbon emissions offset program. Make environmentally conscious choices and contribute positively to your community while improving your fleet's reputation.
How Azuga can Help Meet Your Sustainability Goals – Aug. 27th, 2021
Learn how Azuga can assist in achieving your sustainability goals. Discover how Azuga's telematics-enabled program enables tracking and optimization of driver behavior, maintenance alerts for improved vehicle efficiency, and a carbon emissions offset program to neutralize your fleet's environmental impact. Take advantage of Azuga's solutions to make tangible progress towards your sustainability objectives and contribute to a greener future.
What is a Green Fleet? – Jun. 20th, 2020
Gain a clear understanding of what constitutes a green fleet and learn how to transition your fleet to environmentally friendly practices by adopting alternative fuel vehicles, implementing telematics solutions for optimized efficiency and driver behavior, and integrating maintenance strategies that reduce emissions. Take proactive steps toward building a green fleet that reduces environmental impact and contributes to a sustainable future.