Fleets of all kinds have been taking advantage of GPS technology. Delivery fleets, in particular, have found it to be a great advantage. GPS supports all aspects of delivery fleet management. This includes getting products where they need to be on time, keeping vehicles well-maintained, and much more. We’ll explore how GPS tracking benefits delivery fleets.
Benefits of GPS Software for Delivery Fleets
- Driver Monitoring: Nobody wants to be a micromanager. Of course, you can’t be in the passenger seat all the time, even if you want to. Driver monitoring can track information like location, acceleration, speed, RPM, brakes, engine data, and fuel efficiency. With this information, you can avoid excessive wear and tear or unauthorized vehicle use.
- Inventory: GPS tracking isn’t just for vehicles. It also tracks your assets and cargo. Never lose any piece of cargo again when you have GPS tracking enabled. You can automatically record that information into the system when products are delivered.
- Maintain Product: Particularly when handling food, knowing when you got your product is crucial. You can’t let a crate of eggs sit for weeks. Use tracking to track those products easily and avoid waste.
- Maintenance: Maintenance is critical for fleets to stay on the road. When your vehicles are well maintained, you reduce downtime and the risk of accidents. Fleet tracking allows maintenance alerts to make this job more manageable. Get an alert every time your vehicle is ready for its routine maintenance.
Features of GPS Tracking
These are features you should look for when investing in fleet tracking software.
- Real-Time: If the system works in real-time, you will always be up-to-date with your vehicles’ needs. You’ll know when vehicles stray from their expected routes or encounter delays. You can respond to these issues immediately instead of waiting for a slow system to update.
- Mobile App: Your fleet tracking software should have a mobile app. This way, you know what’s happening with your fleet from anywhere. Ensure your solution has a fully-featured mobile app, giving you access to everything you need.
- Route Optimization: Route optimization software uses machine learning, algorithms, and historical data to find the most efficient route from Point A to Point B. This process uses the least amount of gas, the most amount of vehicles, and the least amount of time.
- AI Dashcam: AI dash cams can detect signs of distraction and drowsiness in drivers. When it sees a problem, it will alert the driver and allow them to correct their behaviors. If they cannot adjust, the system notifies you so you can take corrective action.
- Customizable Alerts: Outline the goals you hope for your fleet to reach, and set up alerts related to these goals. For example, set up an alert when unsafe behaviors occur to improve safety. If you want to save fuel, set up alerts for idling and maintenance.
Azuga’s Fleet Tracking
Fleet tracking is a necessity for delivery services. It’s essential to keep track of all aspects of your fleet, from location to maintenance to safety. Azuga’s top-of-the-line software has all these features and more to help your business grow and succeed. To try it out, schedule a demo on our website.