- California UMI had a big issue with driver safety and Distracted Driving, experiencing 19 at-fault accidents, 16 of which were fender benders caused by distracted driving.
- Needed a GPS solution that could not only streamline day-to-day fleet operations and cut fuel costs, but also drastically reduce accident rates and eliminate driver phone-usage on the road.
- UMI found Azuga’s cost effective OBD-based GPS solution to be the perfect fit for their Light-Duty fleet.
- Additionally, Azuga was the only GPS vendor able to offer tool to stop distracted driving among their drivers, and fit within the company’s budget.
- After installing Azuga Drivesafe into all of the drivers’ phones, California UMI was able to reduce their accident rates by 89%, and have yet to experience an at-fault accident from distracted driving.
- Just by having Azuga GPS, coupled with a significant drop in accident rates, California UMI has received a 12% discount on their insurance across the entire fleet.
- California UMI has seen an average of 7% reduction in idling across the entire fleet, netting them roughly $12,000 per year in idling reductions alone.
” It is the easiest, most intuitive system I have used to date. Everything that I need is a click away, and every month or so, Azuga comes out with innovative features that make their platform an even better bang for the buck. ”
Patty Middleton, Safety Director, California UMI