ELD Prep Checklist 5: Your ELD Provider
- Ensure that the capabilities of your ELD solution go beyond FMCSA compliance and help you get a stronger ROI on your investment in technology
- Ensure that your ELD solution has all of the components you’ll need, including dedicated hardware, mounting kits, highly usable interface, and clear reports
- Ensure that your chosen solution is a registered ELD
- Ensure that your ELD solution provider offers the level of support needed by your fleet managers and administrators, as well as your drivers
- Request the ELD solution information packets that need to be placed in each vehicle
Determine the mettle of your ELD provider. Can you get a solution that includes vehicle diagnostics, driver rewards, and geofencing all within a monthly cost without expenses on hardware and installation?
It’s basic to look them up on FMCSA’s list of registered providers, but it’s more important to assess their technology chops—whether they can upgrade you in the future to state-of-the-art backed up with dependable support.
You should ask to check out the user interface to see how easy it is for all your company’s users to figure out how to use it. Will your ELD provider offer ideas and help on promoting acceptance among drivers and fleet managers? Talk to them about it before your purchase.
December is for holiday shopping, not ELDs!
So…you are all set now to accomplish a speedy and effective ELD implementation! You know the items to plan for and the steps to be taken. There’s no time to lose as smart fleet managers are in the implementation process at this time and are not waiting for the eleventh hour. Moving now will help you ensure a smooth deployment and give time for training and ironing out niggling issues.
Don’t wait any longer. Get in touch with Azuga to get started!